area of Psychological Issues supports the dissemination and application
of findings from empirical research. To
view a list of all articles on this Research issues click here.
The major goals are to enhance:
- Knowledge of current research
on abortion and related reproductive health issues.
- Clinical services and social
policy that are informed by empirical data.
The scope of topics covers all
psychosocial aspects of abortion and closely related areas. Formats
include critical summaries of research articles and integrative
reviews of relevant topics. Two content areas currently highlighted
- Psychological effects of abortion.
- Acceptability of early abortion
Other representative content
- Psychological and sociocultural
influences on decision-making about unwanted pregnancy.
- Attitudes toward abortion
and public policy.
- Psychosocial effects of legislation
that limits access to abortion and other reproductive health
- Linkages between gendered
violence, unintended pregnancy, unwanted childbearing and abortion.
- Effectiveness of pre-and post-abortion
counseling and service delivery options.